Come visit North Adams Home, you’ll receive a positive and lasting impression of warmth, cleanliness and a spirit of friendliness from everyone. This impression will continue to grow as you see our bright, beautifully decorated rooms and halls and watch our professional staff dispense quality care. We promise, that when you visit North Adams Home, you will take with you a completely new concept of what a loving Nursing Home should be.
North Adams Home is located in West-Central Illinois, on Highway 61 in Mendon. It is approximately 15 minutes from Quincy, Illinois. The Home serves Adams, Brown and Hancock counties. As a Not-for-Profit facility, it is guided by an elected Board of Directors and supported by surrounding community organizations and churches. Our staff and volunteer organizations include residents from all the area communities.
Medical and Nursing Department
- Professional nursing staff, 24 hours a day
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Hospice Care arranged with Blessing Hospital, Quincy Illinios
- Doctor’s services in the home or in their office
- Transportation by ambulance or by the North Adams Home special equipped fleet of vehicles to area Medical Facilities
- All meals are prepared in-house and served buffet or restaurant-style
- Specific dietary needs carefully planned and monitored
- Guests are served meals at a nominal charge with reservations
- Special treats and desserts often available
- Assistance with feeding by trained staff
Laundry, Housekeeping and Maintenance Department
- Personal laundry and repair services available
- Semi-private and private rooms have adjoining baths with Emergency call systems
- Fire, Heat and Smoke systems are in all areas of the home
- Security buzzer system at exits
- Wide handrails in the hallways
- Auxiliary generator provides additional safety in emergency
Activity and Counseling Services Department
- An ongoing activity program is provided for the health and pleasure of residents
- Personal one-to-one activities are offered for those not interested in group activities
- Resident council takes an active role in informing our professional staff of resident’s needs
- Barber and Beauty shop on premises
- Transportation provided with home’s well-maintained, handicapped-equipped fleet of vehicles
- Telephone and cable service available upon request to each resident in their own room. Services are maintained and payable by resident to Adams Co-op in Golden, Illinois
- WiFi available (Wireless Internet)
- Professional and religious counseling provided
- Spiritual enrichment is a daily practice for many of our residents
- A beautiful and spacious Chapel is open to all, and regular visits by clergy offer services to all who wish to attend
- Prayers, music and songs fill the Chapel with that certain warmth that gives North Adams Home our motto
Levels of Care
This level of care offers more frequent medical attention and monitoring for residents with greater challenges than those in Assisted Living. The amount of care and monitoring will depend on each individual residents needs. They do need closer supervision and help with daily activities including bathing, eating, etc.. Certain residents require oxygen on an as needed basis.
This level includes Medicare A. Residents need a higher level of assistant and monitoring. Some may need complex medication, treatments, Skilled Physical, Occupational or Speech therapies.
This level of care is provided to those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or from other forms of dementia. Emphasis is on providing specialized activity and care to increase their quality of life. Those who are served by Special Care do require supervision for their own security.